EAB Bollards Perth (EAB – Energy Absorbing Bollards)
are the only crash tested bollard on the market!
EAB’s are a non-gating energy absorbing bollard. On impact the unique cartridge system absorbs energy and decelerates the vehicle bringing the vehicle to a steady and controlled stop. Thereby protecting both the pedestrians and the vehicle occupant.
EAB’s are specially designed to significantly reduce the risk of injury and fatalities to the occupants of the vehicle due to its specially designed crash impact system safely decelerating the vehicle and its occupants while maintaining its crash rating.
Types of (EAB – Energy Absorbing Bollards)
There are currently 2 types of Energy Absorbing Bollards (EAB) (formally named “OmniStop Bollard”) available from Safety Barriers WA
- EAB20 – 20Km/h crash tested bollard
- EAB60 – 60Km/h crash tested bollard
The EAB20 is a 20km/h crash tested barrier which is perfect for use in slow moving traffic areas like:
- Parking lots
- Asset protection
The EAB20 also has a small in-ground profile compared to the EAB60 making it great for installation into areas where pre-existing services may exist at lower depths.
The first of the Energy Absorbing bollard range was specially designed for use at roadsides. Typical locations they can be found at:
- Traffic lights
- Bus stops
EAB’s can also be found in many other zones where pedestrians are exposed to live road traffic.
Where do Energy Absorbing Bollards get used in Perth?
- Outdoor Dining Areas – Restaurants and Cafes in Perth WA
- Stadiums in Perth WA
- Shopping areas and retail shop windows
- Pedestrian Walkway’s (Shared Path) and Crossings
- Bus Shelters in Perth WA
- Schools, daycare and play centers in Perth WA
- Roundabouts, Traffic Lights and Intersections
- Car Parks in Perth WA
- Asset Protection – Telecommunication, Fuel and Power Structures
Why use Energy Absorbing Bollards (EAB)?
Energy Absorbing Bollards also known as EAB’s are designed to SAVE LIVES and proven by their rigorous testing during development.
With events like the 2017 Melbourne car attack, a crash tested bollard with a proven impact rating could severely reduce or prevent such incidents in public spaces without compromising pedestrian access and aesthetics like concrete barriers.
- Energy Absorbing Bollards are the only Crash tested bollard in Australia!
- Proven levels of crash protection for road-side diners, pedestrians and assets.
- Avoids serious injury or death to the occupants of the errant vehicle.